By Rosalie F. Baker,Charles F. Baker
* The superb Imhotep, who set the traditional for pyramid-building
* Nefertiti, the popular beauty
* Khufu, the builder of the nice Pyramid
* Hatshepsut, a girl pharaoh who defied culture and known as herself "king"
* Tutankhamun, whose tomb unveiled incredible riches
* Rameses the nice, the final majestic king of historic Egypt
* Ptahhotep, the good philosopher and statesman for King Izezi
Ancient Egyptians finds how Egyptian society was once built, its religions, burial rituals, structure, and the historical past and practices of archaeology that experience introduced all this data to light.
Read or Download Ancient Egyptians: People of the Pyramids (Oxford Profiles) PDF
Similar children's history nonfiction books
From the very starting it is going to appear that God had a plan for the United States. From its discovery via Europeans to its payment, from the Revolution to occur future, from the stirrings of civil unrest to civil warfare, the USA used to be on a direction. In our pluralistic global, whilst textbooks are being rewritten in ways in which vague the Judeo-Christian beginnings of our state, the books within the getting to know God's Plan for the United States sequence support flooring younger readers in a exceedingly evangelical means of figuring out early American heritage.
Every one decade in 20th-century the US is understood for having a different historical past and a unique character. within the Twenties there have been flappers and the Charleston, within the Fifties bobby-soxers and hula-hoops, within the Seventies hippies and disco, and within the Nineteen Nineties Lilith reasonable and the realm vast net. learning each one decade one after the other offers readers the opportunity to get a real consider for the nature and occasions of the time.
Foreign in scope and analytical in method, Arbitrary Borders: Political barriers in global heritage examines political demarcations that experience happened around the globe. whereas borders might mirror and verify the cultural, ethnic, or linguistic perimeters that outline a humans or a rustic, this sequence explores how the migration of products, assets, and other people works to undermine the separation imposed through such borders.
The Stalin period has been much less obtainable to researchers than both the previous decade or the postwar period. the elemental challenge is that in the Stalin years censorship constrained the gathering and dissemination of data (and brought bias and distortion into the information that have been published), whereas within the post-Stalin years entry to documents and libraries remained tightly managed.
- Stephen F. Austin: The Son Becomes the Father of Texas (Texas Heroes For Young Readers)
- The Oregon Trail: Pathway to the West (Milestones in American History)
- The Underground Railroad for Kids: From Slavery to Freedom with 21 Activities (For Kids series)
- America In The 1950s (Decades of American History)
- African Americans During Reconstruction (Slavery in the Americas)
- Ick! Yuck! Eew!: Our Gross American History (Nonfiction - Grades 4-8)
Additional resources for Ancient Egyptians: People of the Pyramids (Oxford Profiles)
Ancient Egyptians: People of the Pyramids (Oxford Profiles) by Rosalie F. Baker,Charles F. Baker