By J. Clark
Traces our country's lengthy heritage of covert and detailed operations, concentrating on the similarities and alterations within the perform from the progressive struggle to the present.
• References literature helping either side of the specified and covert operations debate
• Explains how covert operations is used as a device of yank overseas policy
• Examines the adjustments in covert operations because the assaults of September eleven, 2001
Read Online or Download American Covert Operations: A Guide to the Issues: A Guide to the Issues (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar freedom & security books
The time period Netwar refers to societal clash and crime, in need of battle, during which the protagonists are prepared extra as sprawling leaderless networks than as tight-knit hierarchies. The emergence of netwar increases the necessity to reconsider method and doctrine to behavior counternetwar.
Vietnam Declassified is an in depth account of the CIA's attempt to assist South Vietnamese professionals win the loyalty of the Vietnamese peasantry and suppress the Viet Cong. protecting the CIA engagement from 1954 to mid-1972, it presents a radical research of the organization and its companions. Retired CIA operative and intelligence advisor Thomas L.
This letter is the abbreviated model of an replace of the intervening time document on trying out, evaluate, expenses, and advantages of complicated spectroscopic portals (ASPs), issued by way of the nationwide Academies' Committee on complicated Spectroscopic Portals in June 2009 (NRC 2009). This letter contains findings of the committee considering that record used to be written, and it sharpens and clarifies the messages of the meantime document in keeping with next committee investigations of newer paintings by way of the family Nuclear Detection place of work (DNDO).
A entire textbook that overviews universal applied sciences applied in the native land protection firm with an emphasis on modern native land safeguard undertaking parts and end-user purposes. • presents an outline of know-how developments and adjustments from the perspective of latest fatherland defense project parts and consumer functions in addition to research of the affects on modern and destiny native land safety practices• Comprehensively addresses the possibilities and hazards linked to place of birth protection applied sciences • provides a taxonomy for place of birth safety expertise varieties• Describes the methodologies for picking expertise wishes and features • Itemizes criteria for selling interoperability, compatibility, and method protection
- Securing U.S. Innovation: The Challenge of Preserving a Competitive Advantage in the Creation of Knowledge
- Inside Terrorism (Columbia Studies in Terrorism and Irregular Warfare)
- Fire Investigation (International Forensic Science and Investigation)
- American Intelligence in War-time London: The Story of the OSS (Studies in Intelligence)
- Spynest: British and German Espionage from Neutral Holland 1914–1918
- Defence Management in Uncertain Times (Cranfield Defence Management)
Additional info for American Covert Operations: A Guide to the Issues: A Guide to the Issues (Praeger Security International)
American Covert Operations: A Guide to the Issues: A Guide to the Issues (Praeger Security International) by J. Clark