By Peter J. Bailey,Sam B. Girgus
Edited via popular Allen specialists, A significant other to Woody Allen provides a set of 26 unique essays at the director’s movies. Contributions supply a couple of divergent severe views whereas increasing the contexts during which his paintings is understood.
- A well timed better half by means of the authors of 2 of an important books on Allen to date
- Illuminates the flicks of Woody Allen from a few divergent severe perspectives
- Explores the contexts within which his paintings will be understood
- Assesses Allen’s notable filmmaking occupation from its early beginnings and investigates the conflicts and contradictions that suffuse it
- Discusses Allen’s popularity as a world cinematic figure
Read or Download A Companion to Woody Allen (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Best film & video art books
Through the first fifty years of the yankee cinema, the act of going to the flicks was once a dicy strategy, fraught with a couple of attainable actual and ethical hazards. movie fires have been rampant, claiming many lives, as have been motion picture theatre robberies, which grew to become quite universal throughout the nice melancholy.
From humble beginnings as a child contest winner to her 1931 debut in girls Love as soon as, Marilyn Knowlden used to be an "Alice" dropped right into a big, wonderland referred to as Hollywood. In that topsy-turvy international, she seemed in motion pictures with The Marx Brothers, Greta Garbo, Clara Bow, Katherine Hepburn, Shirley Temple, Claudette Colbert, Fredric March, Charles Laughton, Norma Shearer, Bobby Breen, Tyrone energy, James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, and Bette Davis.
Who must have received the Oscars? If you have ever puzzled why the Oscars appear to visit the incorrect videos, WHO received? !? is the ebook for you. starting with the 1st Oscar rite, Robert James appears to be like in any respect the key different types, slashing and burning his method in the course of the undesirable, praising the great, and supplying the simplest to your attention.
In Unveiling hope, Devaleena Das and Colette Morrow express that the duality of the fallen/saved lady is as accepted in japanese tradition because it is within the West, particularly in literature and movies. utilizing examples from the center to a ways East, together with Iran, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Thailand, Japan, and China, this anthology demanding situations the fascination with japanese ladies as passive, abject, or sexually unique, but in addition resists the temptation to then specialize in the veil, geisha, sati, or Muslim women’s oppression with no exploring jap women’s sexuality past those contexts.
- Disaster Movies: The Cinema of Catastrophe (Short Cuts)
- Masters of Light: Conversations with Contemporary Cinematographers
- Square Jaw and Big Heart - The life and times of a Hollywood actor
- Sonatas, Screams, and Silence: Music and Sound in the Films of Ingmar Bergman
- Living the Legend: The Journal of a Titanic Background Actress
- Noir Urbanisms: Dystopic Images of the Modern City (Publications in Partnership with the Shelby Cullom Davis Center at Princeton University)
Extra resources for A Companion to Woody Allen (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
A Companion to Woody Allen (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) by Peter J. Bailey,Sam B. Girgus