By Harry M. Benshoff
- Contributors contain the various best teachers operating within the box, in addition to intriguing more youthful scholars
- Varied and complete insurance, from the background of horror to broader problems with censorship, gender, and sexuality
- Covers either English-language and non-English horror movie traditions
- Key subject matters contain horror movie aesthetics, theoretical ways, distribution, artwork apartment cinema, ethnographic surrealism, and horror's relation to documentary movie practice
- A thorough remedy of this dynamic movie style fitted to students and lovers alike
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Horror Film PDF
Similar film & video art books
Through the first fifty years of the yankee cinema, the act of going to the films used to be a dicy technique, fraught with a few attainable actual and ethical hazards. movie fires have been rampant, claiming many lives, as have been motion picture theatre robberies, which grew to become really universal through the nice melancholy.
From humble beginnings as a toddler contest winner to her 1931 debut in ladies Love as soon as, Marilyn Knowlden was once an "Alice" dropped right into a tremendous, wonderland often called Hollywood. In that topsy-turvy global, she seemed in motion pictures with The Marx Brothers, Greta Garbo, Clara Bow, Katherine Hepburn, Shirley Temple, Claudette Colbert, Fredric March, Charles Laughton, Norma Shearer, Bobby Breen, Tyrone strength, James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, and Bette Davis.
Who must have received the Oscars? If you have ever puzzled why the Oscars appear to visit the inaccurate video clips, WHO gained? !? is the ebook for you. starting with the 1st Oscar rite, Robert James appears to be like in any respect the most important different types, slashing and burning his manner in the course of the undesirable, praising the great, and supplying the simplest in your attention.
In Unveiling hope, Devaleena Das and Colette Morrow convey that the duality of the fallen/saved girl is as usual in jap tradition because it is within the West, particularly in literature and flicks. utilizing examples from the center to a long way East, together with Iran, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Thailand, Japan, and China, this anthology demanding situations the fascination with japanese girls as passive, abject, or sexually unique, but in addition resists the temptation to then concentrate on the veil, geisha, sati, or Muslim women’s oppression with no exploring japanese women’s sexuality past those contexts.
- Fictions of Youth: Pier Paolo Pasolini, Adolescence, Fascisms (Toronto Italian Studies)
- The Ministry of Education Film Experiment: From Post-War Visual Education to 21st Century Literacy
- Siren City: Sound and Source Music in Classic American Noir
- Immediations: The Humanitarian Impulse in Documentary (a Camera Obscura Book)
- Ken Russell: Re-Viewing England's Last Mannerist
- The Idea of Nature in Disney Animation: From Snow White to WALL-E (Ashgate Studies in Childhood, 1700 to the Present)
Additional resources for A Companion to the Horror Film
A Companion to the Horror Film by Harry M. Benshoff